23 October 2012

Don't Break The Mouse

Oh my Alex. Told me tonight, "Don't break the mouse again. You understand?" referring to her nightlight whose lightbulb burnt out a few nights ago.

Yep. She is 2 1/2 years old. She did the same thing to me last night, but it was more of a lecture rather than a straight command like it was tonight. Last night she told me something along the lines of, 'don't touch the mouse. You have to be careful not to break the mouse. If you want to touch it, you come to me.'

Well then- I've been told who's who when it comes to the mouse nightlight! Two (or more) really great parts of this new 'attitude':
1. She listens to what I say (I may frequent a few things she said)
2. She spoke so kindly while being direct
3. She is showing empathy (which isn't new but always wonderful to see)

No comments:

Post a Comment