28 July 2010

Some updates


Alex trying to push up and look around on our bed, which has a memory foam topper...it was kinda tricky but fun!

So here are some updates to my grand plans for raising babies, saving money, and making life a little easier. Well, first goal was to do 'freezer cooking' and after research and prep work, I lost the webpages that held the recipes I wanted to use and I saw back to square 2 of 4. So, rather than taking up more time to prep I decided to create a monthly meal calendar instead. The idea is that at the beginning of the month I print out my calendar and start filling in the meal(s) I am going to cook on a particular day. For July I have made 5 new recipes and they seem to have gone over well...I only missed one item that I had scheduled which was cranberry orange cookies however, I did cookies on days when they were not scheduled so I feel like I did pretty well this month. Have any recipes I should try in August?

Cloth diapers...Alex HATES them. Normally she is a pretty relaxed and happy baby, but boy, put the cloth diapers on that child and cranky! I think the company was sending me cranky pants rather than cloth diapers because that child was not happy wearing those diapers, put her back in a disposable one and she was happy as could be! Kaylee never tried the diapers because the covers were too big for her and by the time I got a cover that was her size Alex had already clearly stated her preference. So, it was worth a try and I guess next baby I just might have to start earlier.

Sleeping thought the night...still happening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment