23 March 2011

It's Getting Hot In Here

So bring out your thermometer! My sweet Alex has been extra sweet these past few days while running a fever. It started on Monday with a 101.4 fever after an early nap and it has been a roller coaster ever since. Thank goodness for moms who have been through this before otherwise I'm not sure what I'd be doing. Each website I checked said something different about the fever 'danger zone' so my poor sister-in-law took quite a few calls and texts from me. This has been our first fever and when Alex reached 102+ a few times I got a little anxious. My little lethargic child is just so sweet and cuddly- I so wish she would get better, but I like the cuddles for now.

We went to the doctors office today and I am pretty sure I looked like a hot mess carrying both of my kids from the parking deck, up the slight hill to the office. When I was there the doctor took a look at Kaylee as well since she decided to show a fever earlier today.
So what did the doc say? 1. their ears looked great (translation: no ear infection) 2. Not the flu 3. Not Strep (however, they do an overnight test as well, so I'll find out for sure tomorrow) 4. Not RSV
So what's wrong? The girls have a viral infection and if Alex's fever is not gone by Friday we need to go back and get some extra tests done. Hopefully we won't need to go back. For now we are treating with some Advil and that has been working well. I am hoping the girls get a good night sleep tonight (because momma and dada need one too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment