03 November 2011

All Wires Off

The big excitement for us at the hospital, besides the birth of our Liliana, was day 2 of my stay when I was well enough to be off and untethered to the IVs and catheter. Last time it took me 4 days to be free from all that garbage.
Now, today's big excitement was removing the final part of my wiring, the On-Q pump. An awesome little thing that puts local anesthesia straight to my incision. The only bad part was this time I got a bigger pump and I was sent home wearing it leaving the removal up to me. Luckily I have a husband, who I think disliked the idea of pulling the On-Q pump cord out as much as me but pulled it out for me. I think I may have passed out otherwise even though I knew it wasn't going to hurt; the thought is kinda awful. But good news is I am wire free- pain med free will come in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment