14 September 2012

Beds Are So Yesterday

Apparently the floor is the new bed. Recently the girls, Alex namely, has been wanting to sleep on anything...besides her bed. I'm not sure what is going on with that but it seems like daddy and I have made a good decision to get real big girl beds for Christmas.

Rewind: last night. Oh what a night. I mean if my bladder wasn't getting me ready for baby #4 my twins sure were. Those who know me know I'm big on making good sleepers so when sweet Alex woke up at 2:30 in the morning and told me she had to go pee pee. So I can't possibly say no since the night diaper is the last diaper we have to ditch before being fully potty trained...so as I'm taking Alex to the potty and Kaylee wakes up in hysterics. Why? You may ask. Well, my dear kaylee just HAD to go to bed with her 'tap shoes' (aka. Dress Mary Janes) and there are somethings you don't argue with. Daddy took off her shoes around 10:30 last night and she didn't notice then but she did at 2:30 am and queue the sirens!
Little Kaylee was so upset about those shoes! Luckily, I can easily leave Alex on the potty and tend to the shoeless :) I put the shoes on and then she need to use the potty...15 minutes later she was done on the potty. (side note: neither actually went potty). So back to bed we go, or back into their room we go.
Kaylee got in her bed and Alex curled up in the Boppy pillow...alright I guess. I tucked them both in and off to 'bed' they went.
4am: Alex creeps out her door- 'I have to go pee pee!' and we are in the same cycle as earlier, minus the shoe fiasco. But this time Alex curled up in the rocking chair in her room. I advised her that sleeping in the chair would not be a good choice and she chose to sleep in the Boppy, again.
Sweet, crazy girls what am I going to do?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment