15 December 2009

Early Birthday Surprise!

The girls room has been painted!!!!!

Mom and Greg worked together and got the girls room painted while I was at work yesterday! I am so excited about the beautiful grey that is now in the nursery.

Greg was so good about keeping this a secret and led me on to believe that he wanted to paint the room coming up soon. So with that in mind, last Friday I went to Home Depot at 9:00 PM after our Christmas party for work. I was hoping I would surprise Greg with the paint, some new brushes, and throw away paint tray. Well, I did surprise him-but I don't think it really mattered :) So, still thinking that Greg was going to paint- I got up at regular time, 6ish, and started moving all of the junk in the babies room to the guest room and tape the edges. Greg stopped me mid taping to have breakfast and then I left to go Christmas shopping.

So fast forward a few days later- I call Greg to see if he wanted me to bring home some lunch on Monday...he said he had some food already and painted part of the room. I got so excited I rushed home to help (calling mom on the way to tell her about my new afternoon plans!)

I got home and could smell some paint and Greg took me upstairs to "finish painting" and told me to close my eyes and he led me into the room and it was AMAZING! the room looked so big and the grey was so pretty I almost didn't realize the ceiling had been painted!!! If you weren't aware, the roof used to be BLACK! and now is beautiful and white!

Mom had her painter come in and paint the room for my birthday/Christmas gift--one of the best ever! I can't wait to post pictures of it--probably this weekend since it is really the only time I am home while it is still light out and we don't have an over head light in there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment