05 June 2010

Freezer Cooking

So I stopped by to see an old friend today and she was busy with her weekly meal preparation. Every Saturday she goes to the store and buys ingredients she'll need for each meal for the coming week and then goes home and prepares and freezes each dish. I've wanted to try this since did one session at 'Let's Dish', and then again when I was pregnant...so now I've been inspired since someone I know is a practicing 'Freezer' girl.

Now that I'm inspired I'll be spending my time this evening looking for great recipes to freeze; If you know of any food that is great to prep and freeze, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. This is Sherrie -- Laura's friend from Georgia. I make baked chimichangas, and they freeze really well. I also make a Fiesta Taco Soup that freezes beautifully; however, it's not quite soup weather. :) Most Italian dishes will freeze well. You can also just brown ground beef and freeze it in 1 pound portions. Then, pull it out for tacos, spaghetti, or any other dish that calls for ground beef. Hope this helps, and have fun! :)

    By the way, the babies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete