30 January 2012

Dip It Low

So it never occurred to me to feed my children chicken nuggets until about 2 weeks ago. Only because I stumbled upon a coupon and Harris Teeter was having a double coupon deal up to $1.99. So I went and gave the nuggets a try...and no surprise here they were a hit! The girls love them and I think they like them even more because they are a "dipable" food (I just made up a word, but it fits); They like any food that they can dip into something. With that in mind if I am able to give them dip with a meal I do, for instance- pancakes get a strawberry jam dip, veggies could get a dressing dip, grilled cheese could get a soup dip, and chicken nuggets get a honey mustard dip. And for our new smiley faced mashed potatoes (thanks, GG)...I didn't know what to use as a dip for those. I ran out of honey mustard so I gave them sweet and sour sauce, Greg was disgusted by this but the girls drank it up...literally. Kaylee hadn't finished one chicken nugget before her sweet and sour sauce was over half empty! She likes to dip her food then suck off the dip and do it again and again and again. Alex on the other hand is happy to dip and bite :)These pictures are of the girls enjoying their sweet and sour sauce...Have you had a little dip today? It seems to make my kids a little happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment