19 November 2010

Armageddon?


Looks like. I went to the grocery store to get cheese and yogurt melts for the girls and I walk out with $50 of produce and no cheese. Pictured above is part of my crazed shopping trip to the store, all of what is pictured was on my list, except for the yellow 'box' of yogurt melts. I'm pretty sure I can feed the girls for the next month or more with all the food I bought. The idea of Thanksgiving being just a week away made me panic. I don't want to go to the store at all next week so some switched must have flipped and I was in Veggie shopping mode. I guess I was scared that I wouldn't have enough veggies to get me through next week, or I was just caught up on the fact that I did not give my girls veggies yesterday..who knows? So what did I buy on this crazed pre-thanksgiving grocery trip?
1. a head of cauliflower (sorry Greg, I know it smells bad, but it is good for the girls)
2. 1.84 lbs. of broccoli
3. 1.52 lbs of zucchini
4. 4 avocados
5. 3+ lbs of sweet potatoes
6. 2 lbs of bananas
7. 2.18 lbs of green beans
8. 24 oz of peas
9. 1 lb of spinach
10. 12 oz of edamame
11. an acorn squash (apparently delicious)
12. a delicata squash (I'm not sure what it is, but the label said it tastes sweet)
13. 12 oz of corn
So, rather than blogging maybe I should be using some of this food?! before I go and in honor of Thanksgiving, I am thankful I do not have to go to the grocery store until next Friday- except for maybe cheese.


**side note** I did have to buy all of the above to go with my 3 lbs of carrots and 7 lbs of apples I already had in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment