21 September 2010

Big Day For the Girls

I'm not sure if it was a bigger day for the girls or for me but, on Saturday night Greg and I moved Alex and Kaylee into their very own crib. Kaylee stayed in the crib both girls were sharing and Alex got the other crib.
How did you decide who gets which crib? Does it matter who sleeps where?
We put Alex in the "new" crib because it still has the bumper attached to it and with the way she is moving all around and typically getting some body part stuck in the crib railings we thought it was best to put her in a place that provided her some protection against the evil spindles.
Can they see each other?
Yes. One of the first things Greg did when preparing the crib for occupancy, besides changing the sheets, was to fold and secure the part of the bumper that blocked the view to the next crib. The girls are so lucky to have a dad like him...I don't think I would have ever thought about moving the bumper to provide a view to the other crib.
How did the girls do?
The girls did just fine. I think Alex was pleased to have lots of room to roam and Kaylee was happy just to lay in bed and not get exiled to the corner.
How did mom do?
There have been better moments in my life. I cried once during the day when Greg and I talked about it being the big day. I talked to the girls about it being a big day hoping that would make me feel better about this event-didn't help. I was crying when we placed each girl in her own bed. I tell myself and others that they are growing quickly but to change your daily routine to accommodate their progress is slightly startling and not cool. Where did my babies go?! I'm happy and lucky that the girls are growing so well but really? so soon? Thank goodness Greg was there or I may have caved and kept the girls in the same crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment