16 September 2010

Cool Mom...Not So Much.

I was shopping at Anthropologie with my aunt the other day and figured I was totally that cool mom still shopping at her go to stores. Well, that didn't last too long as Kaylee had a plan of her own. I started smelling something ripe when I was pushing the stroller along and sure enough it was my little girl. Lovely, a really dirty diaper that I just couldn't ignore...it was like I was creating a Hanzel and Gretel like stink path wherever I was going-it was bad. What do I do- no bathroom at the store, no bathroom in the stores nearby, no car in the proximity. Can I change her on the bed that the store has on display? How 'bout that really cute floral chair? or maybe this ottoman? *sniff sniff, cough* Oh, gosh no, I couldn't possibly unleash her stink on the stores product if I did I would have been walking out of the store with furniture I didn't need and was soiled...ugh. Where do I change her, the smell was really lovely.

Ah! The floor, lovely plank flooring and as 'padding' I used one of their soft books that they like to chew on (responsible, I know). So, here I am the once cool mom, now kneeling on the floor with a child that not only soiled her diaper with a terrible stench, but also her clothes AND her car seat; lovely. (Thankfully only one young couple, who were undoubtedly dubbed "cool" by their friends witnessed my uncoolness)

So, I get her cleaned up with no short of 15 baby wipes, I get her undressed and changed into new clothes and her car seat was wiped down with 10 more baby wipes. All done. Nope, I had to dispose of all the grossness, so I found a trashcan near the store- done. The dirty clothes were wrapped and hidden away as to not be smelled for the rest of the trip. All done! Nope. As I was pushing Kaylee around I could still smell that awful smell- Did she make a mess again?! No, the smell is lingering in her car seat- Ugh this is going to be a shorter trip than anticipated, I can't possible be the stinky Hanzel and Gretel all day...what do I do? Think, think, think....

Oh how I love Anthropologie...

Room spray and perfume were right around the corner from where all of this went down. I find a lovely perfume, not too smelly or floral, just simple and able to mask grossness--As any responsible parent would do, I sprayed the car seat, and maybe Kaylee's pants. It really was the only option.

No comments:

Post a Comment