24 January 2011

Eat Your Rainbow



So, I've been told to eat your rainbow every day (not through Skittles) and so while I feed the girls I keep that idea in mind. I've been making a list of colors and the fruits and veggies that belong to that particular color. I was getting sightly stumped with the blues/purples. There were the obvious choices, Plums, Eggplants, Blueberries, and Prunes but I wanted something different and Wegman's delivered. I had seen an episode of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe where he met a potato farmer creating a new type of potato, a purple potato-and Wegman's happened to have this product. I bought two. I got home and cooked them up and the color was so vibrant and once it cooked the color toned down a little, but still pretty. The taste: it tastes like a white potato :) and the girls loved them!
Here is to more variety in our naturally colored food rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment