14 January 2011

Red fish, Blue Kids?!




The girls wanted to make something special for Greg's birthday so they each painted him a picture! I wish I had been able to video the experience because I'm not sure who had more fun, me or the girls. Until next time pictures will have to do-My little Avatar baby is Alex and sweet Kaylee stayed fairly clean considering what her sister looked like!
What I love most about the paintings is that I can truly see each girls personality in their 'design'. Alex the more adventurous one just jumped right into the paint and started smearing and climbing all over the canvas while Kaylee was much more timid and gently scratched the paint. When Kaylee noticed that her hands turned blue, she was NOT happy- she sat in front of her canvas flapping her hands and crying only stopping to inspect her hands to see if the blue somehow magically disappeared...no such luck until we made it to the bathtub! All in all we had a great time and I think the paintings are pretty great as well. Happy Birthday, Greg!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful birthday gift!! You should just frame Alex! Those pictures are too cute and the paintings are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete