22 September 2011

Oh, Pregnancy.

There are things that happen to evey part of you while pregnant and I totally forgot about many of them. Besides the obvious- your waist line getting a little bigger- there are a few things in particular that happen to me....and I don't like it at all!
1. Gagging while brushing my teeth
2. Leg cramps, leg cramps, leg cramps
(every time I'm in bed and try to stretch you can bet on a cramp rearing its ugly self)
3. Tight muscles- might just have something to do with those pesky leg cramps
4. Flip flop fail. The arch of my foot gets angry at me when I wear flip flops too often :( perhaps it has to do with the lack of support and the added weight?!
5. Acid. I never had problems with acid reflux before being pregnant and A&K were much harder on my esophagus. I was taking a Zantac 150 almost every day, went to school with my bottle of maalox and slept with tums at my bedside. And often slept sitting straight up-airplane style. It was great. This time I just need my tums. Which is great but sometimes I need to take a few at the thought or mention of some foods- so strange. But if you ever need something for acid reflux go for TUMS Smoothies. By far the best and actually they are kinda enjoyable.

I'm sure there are other lovely things that happen that I don't like but these have been painfully apparent for the last month or so. But on the bright side I only have a little over a month left of these symptoms so until baby comes I'm going to eat my pineapple in hopes it will save my leg cramps and not give me terrible acid issues. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment