23 August 2009

"Back to School" Dinner

Last night we hosted a "Back to School" dinner at our home for Greg's side of the family. We were lucky that everyone was able to make it out despite the desire to head back to college or the terrible rain that hung over the house!

What was on the menu? We had, roasted chicken, corn-on-the-cob, pasta salad, cold marinated asparagus, smashed potatoes, and tomatoes. I have to say it was a pretty darn good meal!

Right before dinner, as I was cooking the corn- I got so hot so fast I thought I was either going to faint or up-chuck all over the stove- I took a few deep breaths and fluffed my dress to try and cool off . Had I gotten sick I would have blown the surprise! Luckily the dress fluffing and the deep breaths seemed to work this time.

6:3- dinner is ready....Greg is ready with his little speech, and here we go....!

No comments:

Post a Comment