29 August 2009

Went Shopping

Yes, yes, I know-you don't have to say a thing...I should have waited but I just couldn't. I knew as soon as I got pregnant my skinny jeans would not be worn for the next year or so, no biggie right? I have plenty of other jeans.

Well, I had a meeting at school, on the 18th of August and decided to wear jeans for the first time this summer b/c I knew the conference room (where the meeting was) would be cold. So I stroll in to work, get to the meeting and sit down. I'm sitting for about 20 minutes before I realize I'm really not comfortable, warmer, but not comfortable. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. ahhh! I know my pants! My pants were TIGHT and almost pinching my stomach. What the heck, I mean really? I've been wearing these pants for years, same brand, same size, and suddenly I feel like my rolls are cascading like waterfalls over my pants..not cool. This meeting is ALL day long- 8:30-4, it's gonna be a long day.

So I sit there uncomfortably for awhile and then I just couldn't take it anymore. I looked to my left, one of my co-workers is clearly paying attention to what is going on (clear on the left), I looked to my right, one of my administrators, again clearly paying attention (clear on the right). Time to make the move...slowly as to not alarm anyone I unbutton the top button of my pants....deep breath...So much better, I can actually breath deeply! Luckily I wore a shirt that was longer and could cover my unbuttoned pants, and my butt could keep my pants from falling down when I would get up to run to the bathroom every 27 minutes.

Needless to say, after that experience I couldn't rely on unbuttoned pants to get me through the school year (slightly inappropriate I would think). So, my friend Kim bought these pants last year and I totally made fun of her for it and I'm sad I did b/c I'm eating my words! These pants are soo comfy and made for the no pregger type :) Laugh if you want, but you'll be at the register with a pair or two if you go try them on.

Jolt Foldover-Waist Flared Pants



No comments:

Post a Comment