22 August 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Neil are coming over!

It just so happened that my dad called me on Wednesday (the day we found out) and asked if I would be around on Friday so he could swing by, take a nap, maybe eat, then head to his poker game. **Perfect**

Now I call my mom and the conversation went something like this:
Mom: Hello dear
Me: Hi Mom! How are you today?
Mom: Just fine busy with work; lots to do
Me: Well I was thinking.
Mom: Uh-huh.
Me: Well, dad just called me and said he's going to come and nap at my place on Friday and I thought it would be a good idea if you came out too and we could have dinner.
Mom: Well, I don't know...I have lots to do at home, and Grandma's birthday lunch is the next day and I have to bake her cake
Me: Bake her cake when you get home
Mom: No. I can't do that.
Me: (charming, loving, voice) Please, mom. I'd love for you to join us for dinner. *sniff sniff*
Mom: *laughter* Alright, I'll bake the cake on Thursday and I'll be there.
Me: Great! When?
Mom: 5 or 5:30. Alright I got to get back to work
Me: love you have a good day!
Mom: Love you too! Bye.

hahahaha the trap is set! Thanks for the easy set up dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment